Thursday, May 22, 2008

Introductory Post

The obligatory self-introductory first post.

I’m a 22-year-old Korean adopted American woman and a recent college grad with a degree in Asian Studies. I grew up in Minnesota, but spent my college years in Los Angeles, with a four-month study abroad stint in China thrown in for good measure. I’m a massive football fan, and my club loyalty rests with Liverpool FC, but my national affiliations tend towards grittier elements of the international game—Korea, Mexico and Ecuador.

I spend an inordinate amount of time writing, little bits and pieces of life that I want to record in words, thoughts and ideas that strike me out of nowhere, revelations that I feel deserve more than just a passing thought. A blog may not be the ideal place to coalesce and compile these writings, but for someone like me who is currently in that awkward transition time between college and the real world and not quite certain where she is going to end up, it is probably the easiest way both to consolidate my work and also keep people up to date on what I’m doing, no matter what corner of the world I end up in.

Enough of my writing focuses on issues surrounding adoption that I’ve created a separate
blog for those, and I hope to really get that one up and running this summer. Meanwhile, this blog will house writings on other stuff that I like to write about—football (both playing and following), Liverpool FC, reflections on college life, and traveling experiences. It’s totally random and undirected, and constitutes nothing more than my own opinions and my own experiences. It’s highly likely that some things here will be cross-posted at my adoption blog, just because adoption is such an integral part of my identity and thus affects my experiences. But other stuff will just be low-key and fun, updates on my life, links to fun sites, etc.

Whether people actually read this or not isn’t the main point. The main point of this blog is to provide a space for me to consolidate my writings and provide others the opportunity to read if they want. I don’t claim to be a particularly good writer, I’m just a recent college grad who likes putting things into words and hopes that some people might like those words.

No comments: