Saturday, September 13, 2008

Typhoon Sinlaku

The typhoon has officially arrived. As I write this, the rain is pounding down on the roof of the balcony and it's so loud I can barely hear my music from my computer. The wind hasn't been too bad yet, but I'll hold off on saying we've escaped the worst of it until tomorrow afternoon.

Lauren arrived here just ahead of the major rain. It was pouring when she arrived, but it let up for awhile around 5 and we ducked out to the convenience store for some food and drinks. I think hers must have been one of the last flights to arrive in Taipei, because when I was watching the news just before she arrived, they were saying (I think) that all international flights had been canceled.

So far, no major mishaps, no power outages or anything. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Liverpool play Manchester United at Anfield in just over half an hour. Torres and Gerrard are supposedly fit. I don't know what to expect. As much as I'd love to see the Redmen come out and demolish United, I just don't think it's going to happen. I would be very happy a) to see Liverpool play some quality football and b) for Liverpool to escape with a tie.

No comments: