Sunday, August 31, 2008

Grocery shopping

So I went grocery shopping yesterday for the first time, and I went to this supermarket near the apartment called Wellcome (yes, spelled incorrectly). Did you know that you can buy Skippy Peanut Butter here? And Campbell's soup? And Cocoa Puffs? It's kind of funny, actually, the supermarket is kind of laid out according to "Chinese" stuff, like herbs and seasonings, and then "Western" stuff, like all the brands we're used to, only with Chinese rendering of the Western brand names.

I'm staying up late tonight to watch Liverpool play Aston Villa. Should be a pretty heated atmosphere because of the whole Barry transfer mess. I didn't see the match against Standard Liege, but I heard it was pretty bad. Hopefully the redmen are up to the task tonight. And hopefully my satellite feed doesn't crap out on me like it kept doing for the Chelsea-Spurs match.

Classes start tomorrow. Somewhere between nervous and excited on that front. It'll be nice to at least get into a routine though.

No comments: