Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In retrospect...

Four years ago, I was moving into Braun Hall at Occidental College in Los Angeles, a nervous little freshman with a strong Minnesotan accent and a lot to learn.

Two years ago, I was preparing to head off to a semester of study abroad in Nanjing, China, with two years of college Mandarin Chinese under my belt and a definite uncertainty about my ability to get through a whole semester overseas.

One year ago, I was practically bouncing off the walls, excited by the thought of every aspect of my fourth and final year at Oxy, from hanging out with friends and watching Champions League matches in the Cooler, to working on my thesis and graduating with honors.

Today, I am getting ready to go to Taipei, Taiwan, for nine months of intensive language study and more or less living entirely on my own.

I can barely get my head around how fast the time is flying.

No comments: