Thursday, February 25, 2010

Be careful where you park your car

I've started running before work in the mornings, mainly because my car got busted by a piece of falling ice last week so my daily schedule is prolonged just enough that I don't get home with enough light left to run. The sun rises around 7 in the morning now, but it's light by about 6:30, so that's when I go out. This morning, I scared a little cottontail rabbit while running up one of the streets in the neighborhood behind our house, and the poor thing was trying to outrun me but having a devil of a time trying to get a grip on the icy road. He did a very awkward skid-slide into a driveway and bolted under the parked car there to get away from me. I hope he wasn't too offended that I giggled the rest of the way home about him.

Here are some pictures of my car.


The repairs will total about $5000, and we received $3200 from the insurance company. Once the car is repaired, my parents and I have come to the conclusion that the car will become my responsibility, so any repair costs/oil changes/insurance will be mine. It's a fair deal, even though it still feels kind of strange that I'm doing all these grown-up things like working and commuting and taking over responsibility of my own car.

No comments: